Do you know a trustworthy, ethical business that would benefit from becoming BBB accredited? Refer an eligible company to the BBB and receive a $25 Gift Certificate to go towards your accreditation renewal!
Current Accredited Businesses are invited to refer a company to the BBB for accreditation. All referrals must meet the following criteria:
- The company must have been in business for at least one year;
- The company must have a B rating or better on their BBB Business Review;
- The company must be committed to operating under trustworthy and ethical business practices at all times.
Accredited Businesses that refer a company will receive a $25 gift certificate to put towards their next accreditation renewal fees, ONLY AFTER the referred company has been approved for accreditation by the BBB.
Besides meeting the above criteria the following must also occur. The referred business must:
- Complete the BBB Accreditation Application in full.
- Complete the BBB Business Questionnaire in full.
- Contractually agree to the BBB’s Code of Business Practices (Standards of Trust).
- Sign the BBB Accreditation Agreement.
- Pay Accreditation fees in full.
- Fulfill the BBB’s “New Accredited Business” screening requirements.
- Be approved for accreditation by the BBB Board of Directors.
for additional information about becoming a BBB Accredited Business.
There is no limit to the total number of acceptable referrals an individual Accredited Business may submit. Each approved referral will result in the issuance of a separate $25 gift certificate.
How Do I Refer a Company for Accreditation?
Download the referral form (click here),
fill it out (PDF form can be filled out electronically and returned via email), save the PDF file or print it and submit it to the BBB via:
Mai: #220-1175 Cook Street, Victoria B.C. V8V 4A1
When Will I Receive My $25 Gift Certificate?
Accredited Businesses that have provided the names and contact information of a company that successfully becomes approved for accreditation will receive a $25 Gift Certificate (delivered via mail), upon completion of the accreditation approval process.
It is the responsibility of the referring Accredited Business to submit the $25 Gift Certificate at the time of accreditation renewal in order to receive the accreditation fee discount. The BBB will not be responsible for pre-arranging the reduction of the accreditation renewal. Renewal invoices will be issued with accreditation fees billed in full. The $25 Gift Certificate (one or multiple), plus a cheque for the remaining difference in accreditation fees, must be submitted by the Accredited Business at the time of renewal.
Refer a Business Now!
If you know of an ethical company that would be a good candidate for BBB accreditation be sure to download a Referral Form and send it to us now!
Thank you for your continued support!